Whether you’re visiting or a longtime Austinite, you’ll want to check this list of my favorite spots for dinner in the ATX.
- 24 Diner
- CP says: Get the Lamb Burger, and a good brew (like the Ommegang Whit). Perfect.
- Black Star Coop
- CP says: Really good, casual joint featuring local brews with unique tastes. I like Shrimp and Grits and one of the Burgers. Their fries are awesome too.
- CP says: Cool, Loungey, and no frills joint on the East Side. I’ve only been here once, but I got a Michelada and the Bistec Encebollada and was happy enough to put this place over Trudy’s in this category.
- CP says: The Mexican Martini is the start of a good night. I like their version the best, and usually get the Chorizo stuffed chicken or one of their specials.
- CP says: Best Pizza in Austin. They do it up right in a wood-fired oven and crust is perfect. Get a draft Peroni, and any pizza that tickles your fancy. You’ll be coming back.