My ongoing list of great Austin Restaurants. Click for my favorite lunch spots.
- Taco Deli
- CP says: My favorite taco place, get the cowboy taco.
- Torchy’s Tacos
- CP says: Second to Taco Deli in my opinion, I usually get the Green Chile Pork and Brush Fire. Their monthy special is usually interesting and worth trying too.
- CP says: Another great place with interesting menu. Try the Beef Bulgogi Taco or Burger, and the Kimchi Fries…scrumptious.
Pizza / Italian
- CP says: Fun place in Triangle shopping center. I usually get the Parma Pizza, I think that’s what they do best.
- Flip Happy Crepes
- CP says: A great food truck featured on Bobby Flay’s Throwdown. I like the Roasted Chicken with caramelized onions and a Nutella w/strawberries for dessert. Might be a bit of a wait on the weekend.
- Lulu B’s
- CP says: Best Bahn Mi sandwich you’ll have. I like Lemongrass Chicken, and the Chinese BBQ Pork
- CP says: Awesome sandwiches and pastries. Turkey sweet sandwich is my favorite, and I usually get one of their special desserts. Goat Cheese Cheesecake with Blackberries is my fave.
- Perry’s Steak House
- CP says: Go here for Friday at lunch and get the Pork Chop special $11.95. Don’t tell me you don’t really like pork chops, take a chance and I guarantee you’ll be happy you did.
- Mighty Cone
- CP says: From the same folks who run Hudson’s on the Bend. Get the Chicken & Avocado, and they’ll put their famous Hot n’ Crunchy batter on it, it’s Mighty tasty.
- CP says: Ever have an empanada? Try one here, I like Spinach Mushroom and Green Chile Chicken.
- Hot Chix (haven’t been)
- Waterloo Ice House
- CP says: I like the burgers here, and usually go for the Guac and Bacon Cheeseburger.