My ongoing list of great Austin Restaurants. Click for my formal dinner recommendations.
CP says: Get their Lasagna, it’s one of the best you’ll have. Doh, this place is no longer in business. We’ll miss it.
- Vespaio (haven’t tried)
- Botticelli’s (haven’t tried)
- La Condesa
- CP says: Try the Pomegranate Guac and Elote as apps, and the Costillas de Puerco as entree, also try one of their awesome cocktails (ask them for the Malverde menu)
- CP says: Do it up right and get the Signature Tasting for two.
- CP says: Get the Pao cocktail, and try the Tobacco cream dessert, you’ll never have anything like it. You can get a pretty good value by going to their sake social happy hours
- Clay Pit
- CP says: You can take anybody here. Whether they think they like Indian food or not, and they will be happy you twisted their arm. Order a couple varieties of Naan, and family style some Samosas, a couple Curry entrees, and a Biryani.
American / Gourmet
- Paggi House
- CP says: Great classy menu featuring Tea Brined Duck Breast. They also have a german chocolate tartlet dessert with smoked caramel ice cream…you know I got that.
- Hudson’s on the Bend
- CP says: Specializing in game fare, you’ll find things like Wild Boar and Elk on the menu. Don’t let that scare you though, everything is superb
- CP says: The menu changes often, so ask your server what he recommends. Saving room for dessert is usually a good idea too.